4D v18.2 Internet Commands and Notarization

I’m converting some databases from 4D v17.x to 4D v18.2. My habit is copy plugins that come with 4D into the Plugins folder beside each database structure file. When I do this with Internet Commands and then launch 4D v18.2 with that structure, I get the following:

I can click Cancel and the plugin still works, but I’d rather not do that. Is it necessary to self-sign plugins in this situation? Or is there another workflow that I should be aware of?

(BTW, I’m not worried about the final application I deliver to customers. I’m signing and notarizing that just fine. This is just in my development environment.)

Thanks.

P.S. Catalina 10.15.5

1 Like

The plugins installed in a separate “Plugins” folder next to the apps are intentionally not notarised, because they are for distribution and expected to be notarised during the final application build process.

Maybe the folder should be renamed or contain a README that says so…

4D Internet Commands inside your copy of “4D.app” is notarised, so you can grab that one instead.

No. The issue here is that you took the wrong (unsigned) edition of 4D Internet Commands.

Thanks Keisuke,

This explain the size difference between the 2 same plugin.

We cannot resign an already signed plugin ? If we can, it will be more logical to give the signed into the Plugins folder beside and NOT include the Plugin in the 4D app.

For now, it is allowed, but I would not be surprised if Apple decides to prohibit it.

As for how plugin are distributed, I am told that there is a team working on it…

Thank you, @Keisuke_Miyako. That works fine.

In reality It would be very handy to have the Readme have the basic commands that you would use from the command line to de signing, or if needed required entitlements. Fortunately 4D has new code that eliminated all my need for most of the plugins except for the QRcode plugin written by Keisuke, I was able to get rid of the 4d Internet plugin with some of the new features in v17r5 and later. But a Readme or a tech note about how to actually doe the signing and verification would be very handy. Instead or trying to decipher all of Apples tomes of documentation without examples.