Copy and paste from 4DB to project mode database

Did I miss something or is this a bug: I can’t copy any form object from .4DB database and paste it into projects mode one?

binary and project mode are totally different. Form editor was totally rewritten, it cannot “understand” binary format (and opposite).

If you want to use binary objects in project mode, you need to convert the structure to project mode.

: Thomas MAUL

binary and project mode are totally different. Form editor was
totally rewritten, it cannot “understand” binary format (and
opposite).

Really? 4D itself can convert from binary to project mode (you know the function “convert to project mode”?), so i guess it’s just a missing feature.

anything is possible to develop. Sure. Whatever you want.

Doing a “small part” export (form object), with related dependencies (style sheets, converted to CSS), object methods, etc, of course, all is possible.

If more customer ask to create a copy&paste binary->project tool, why not, we can do that and can stop working on other features.

So far we thought other features are more important. Such as a wizard helping to create new forms, which is obviously missing.

For us project mode is not finished, we have many ideas where we think it would drastically improve the product. Ideas only possible now with project mode.
As of the current situation Summit was canceled and we could not present them - and with everyone in home office session recording is more difficult as normally. Difficult means as result it takes longer…
We are sure that these features are more helpful for your daily work, but as said, if we see that customers have different needs, we can work on other needs. Anything is possible, just not all at the same time.

Thanks Thomas, I thought it has to be something like that, just needed confirmation.