Email_Component

Product :4D - 4D Server
OS : Mac OS X
4D : v17 build 17.225365

Upon testing for first time in v17 today using the old component, the email receiver get’s a block of ascii - but the sender sees things as they should, before and after being saved to disk.

Only the body of the message appears impacted.

So I wonder if there has been an update I am unaware of?

The component was not updated officially, nor are we (4D Germany) using it anymore.
I did some updates for email displays for internal usage, but not for email sending.

Last modifications I did for email sending was to use TinyMCE 4 for testing, which seems to was a mistake, as the modified behaviour was not welcomed by our internal users.
That was when it was still 4.0b3, beta. At that time the version was shipped under LGPL, so free for deployment/usage. Later they changed their license model, which makes usage of 4.0 final difficult.

So if you want to give it a try, the version is enclosed. But you need to do some modifications to use it with a none German system:

When you open the package of the component, in Resources/TinyMCE is a file named “tinymce.min.js”
If you open that, you will see in first line:
// 4.0b3 (2013-05-15)

That was when I last touched the component for email writing.

TinyMCE 4 was at that time still beta, but with enhanced features AND breaking compatibility with older pages.

Also inside Resources you will notice two files “edittemplate_de.html” and “edittemplate.html”

Rename “edittemplate.html” to “editold.html” and remove the _de from the german file.
open the file and look for:
language : ‘DE_AT’,

remove the line completely (including “,”)

This will avoid using a German interface in TincyMCE.

Good luck…

http://forums.4d.com/4DBB_Main/x_User/3985/files/27473028.zip