'FORM Convert to dynamic' doesn't work from component

Hi,

I would like to know if it is the ‘standard behavior’ that “FORM Convert to dynamic” doesn’t work from a component for host ‘project forms’?

Patrick

It makes also thinking that it works with the same issue for Project Forms on " FORM SCREENSHOT" command.
Why it is so restrictive? And what about adding a final star (*) to force the execution on host context?

Patrick

Nobody ?

Hi Patrick,

The command FORM Convert to dynamic works in its own context. Only the form within its own context can be converted.

Add

Hi Add,

Thanks for replying. Does that mean that I have to ‘Form load’ first?
If yes, it works for table forms without this need by a command line like:
$FormDetail:=FORM Convert to dynamic($ZptTable->;$formulareName)

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Calling Form Load will not help. The Component will not recognize the Host form. I cannot tell you exactly why, but it is possible that this restriction is based on security reason,

Add

Ya may be, but still strange that is not a limitation provided by the documentation. It is the same for some others commands like “Form screenshot” that works well for any table form, but not at all for project forms.

Thanks a lot.

Patrick

I see what you mean now. Indeed it seems like a limitation. I can only guess that if the component and the host has a project form with the same name. There is no way for the component to differentiate which is which since it name of the form is given as a text value.

Unlike the project form, the table form requires the translation from [Table];“FormName” where [Table] is a unique reference. This may be why it works with table forms.

:nerd_face:
For my point of view, it’s a mess that a ‘final star’ is not available to avoid this kind of casee.

P-

Hi Vincent

I know the star for ‘Form Load’, but not for ‘Form convert to dynamic’ which is not listed on documentation and your list.

P-

Emmanuel,

The FORM Convert to dynamic command is a “temporary” command and is disabled in project mode and unavailable in compiled mode. Suffice to say that there is not much future for its use

got it :ok_hand: