GET SERIAL INFORMATION: from server and from client

If the command:
GET SERIAL INFORMATION ( key ; user ; company ; connected ; maxUser )

is used from the server or from the client, the key param doesn’t have the same value. I understand this key is based on the 4D license.

From the english doc it’s not obvious:
“returns various information about the 4D current version serialization”
but from the french one it is:
“retourne diverses informations relatives à la sérialisation de l’application 4D courante”
In other words, if you execute on client you get client information, execute on server if you want server information.

: Arnaud DE MONTARD

From the english doc it’s not obvious:
“returns various information about the 4D current version
serialization”
but from the french one it is:
“retourne diverses informations relatives à la sérialisation de
l’application 4D courante”
In other words, if you execute on client you get client information,
execute on server if you want server information.

A 4D Client cannot have a different serialisation as the 4D Server!

I did further tests and I confirm there’s not bug with this command using my 4D server.

key was the same read on the client or on the server. Even execute on server gave the sme key.

I need to investigate but it sure my hmCal license has a problem since it use this key

Yes, I’m wrong; from the doc I thought it was some local licence that could be read. I made some tests to be sure:
a/ GET SERIAL INFORMATION actually calls the server, if I compare cumulate calls with Records in table during 2":

• GET SERIAL INFORMATION 24 times
  • Records in table 55 times
    b/ the 4 results of the command are exactly the same wether I execute directlty from client or call a EoS method embedding that command (mac client v17r2 64b)