How to get the instance name from inside subform

Hi,
from inside a component (subForm), I need to get the instance name, in order to use it as a parameters line :

like "wog_rotator&i=15&j=2

But I’m not able to get it !

Any ideas ?

https://github.com/vdelachaux/instanceName.gitinstanceName>

Thanks,
but nothing directly from 4D commands ?

And my problem is I need it inside the component in an “on load” event.
As the “on load” of the instance is made after the component, I can’t get it.

Any solution ?

I think it is reasonable, since no native 4D command requires you to know the object name of the container.

you would only need to know it if you are trying to create your own component system.

: Keisuke MIYAKO

I think it is reasonable, since no native 4D command requires you to
know the object name of the container.

What is reasonable ?

Yes, I need it to animate some of my ogTools widgets, using worker.
But I want the workers being declared at the component widget level, not at the instance level.
To name the worker, I need the unique instance name !

Ok,
I’ll manage - and already managed - but it could be good to have a command for that :

with OBJECT Get name() and a new constant.

Who agrees ?

Tiens, je croyais que ce n’etait plus a la mode d’utiliser Self et qu’on conseillait OBJECT Get pointer(Object current) ?

Ou pourquoi dire en 34 lettres ce qu’on peut dire en 4.

Ca fait depuis la v12 que la doc radote sur ce theme, mais comme les irreductibles selfistes sont bourres de potion magique, le comite des nommeurs fous prefere reste confine (meme avec un masque, on les repere vite fait.)

it’s been a while since my last post, but by “reasonable” what I meant is that since there are no commands in the language that requires you to know the container’s object name, it makes sense that there are no commands that tell you that name. it is not necessary, and according to Demeter’s law, it also promotes good coding practice that you don’t have access to out-of-scope information other than by passing parameters.