Notarizing when using unsigned plugin

Hello,
I build and deploy a standalone application that uses a plugin that thus far has been unsigned and not notarized. Up until recently I have been able to build my application that uses this plugin without issue and notarize it for deployment. Now when I try to do this I get multiple errors about the plugin not being signed. There are the steps I have taken thus far in trying to resolve it.

1. Sign the plugin myself using terminal and then build and notarize the application. Same Failed Result.
  2. Sign AND Notarize the plugin myself using terminal and then build and notarize the application. Same Failed Result.
  3. Use the Miyako Utility to Sign and Notarize the plugin. Same Failed Result.

Has anyone run into similar issues and/or know of a solution?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Michael,

I had the same issue last weekend. Apparently Apple has changed some requirements needed by the notary service. Did you view the log file?

Mine stated something like “Embedded entitlements are invalid: syntax error near line 1”.

So I removed the signature from the plugin (third party, never signed by the issuer) with “codesign --remove-signature” and resigned explicitly with “–options runtime”. This solved my problem. Notarization of the plugin itself was not necessary.

Regards, Jörg

Thanks Jörg. I appreciate the help.

Regards, Michael.