PDFCreator issue in v15R5 64bit

Hi,

I’m starting to test the 64bit version on a customer site using v15R5 Client/Seerver in a Windows 10/Citrix environment.
One of the current issues is to print to PDF in 'silent 'mode. Using PDFCreator 1.7.3

Server is already in 64bit for a while and the PDF generation from stored procedures is working fine.

On client in 32bits no problem either, but 64bit version Client fails.
The following commands always set the OK variable to 0. And actually don’t work. Because the following 4D print command shows the PDFCreator save dialog window.

SET PRINT OPTION(“PDFOptions:UseAutosave”;1)
SET PRINT OPTION(“PDFOptions:UseAutosaveDirectory”;1)
SET PRINT OPTION(“PDFOptions:AutosaveFormat”;0) //0=PDF
SET PRINT OPTION(“PDFOptions:AutosaveDirectory”;HFSParentName_ ($pdf_path))
SET PRINT OPTION(“PDFOptions:AutosaveFilename”;FileNameFromPath ($pdf_path))

I also tested with only this setting, but it doesn’t work either.
SET PRINT OPTION(Destination option;3;$pdf_path+".pdf")

Strangely, I cannot reproduce this in a vanilla Windows 10 (under Parallels). There the silent PDF generation is working as expected.

Anyone seen a similar issue and knows the solution?

TIA,
Koen

Using PDFCreator in “silent” mode could be difficult and painful. They love to open advertisments or update dialogs. Without an user in front of the screen it will freeze…

For Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 we advise to use the build in PDF support of the OS. Beside removing the hassle to install and maintain 3rd party software, this allows real silent mode…

see documentation:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16/Integration-of-PDFCreator-driver-under-Windows.300-3035783.en.html

scroll to “Starting with Windows 10” for example code.

Koen,

try this http://www.node.de/indexplug.htm

works fine with Windows xp-windows 10 also 2016 Win Server and 64Bit 4D v11-v16 also 64Bit 4D Client

Regards Armin

: Thomas MAUL

For Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 we advise to use the build in
PDF support of the OS.
For Windows 10 client it’s OK, I already use it with success :-), but are you sure that it is include by default in Windows Server 2016 (TSE) ? Someone told me that this is not the case ? Can you confirm that it works the same as Windows 10 client for each TSE users ? (Sometime, there is strange things with Microsoft for example the “Visionneuse XPS” (sorry in French) is not installed by default, etc.)

I just got a message from the customer. He reinstalled the pdfcreator driver on the Citrix environment and the silent print to PDF now works in 64bit too.

Koen

PS: I’d like to see some confirmation about the availability of Microsoft print to PDF on Windows Server 2016.
And what about file size? I read some comments about MS PDF files being 15-20 times bigger than PDFCreator.

but are you sure that it is include by default in Windows Server 2016 (TSE)

No. I already wrote yes, sure - but to be really sure I checked again…

Last time, when we did the testing of Windows 10, we also tested a beta release of Windows Server 2016. And the driver was there. I just checked again with the final version of Windows Server 2016 - and it is missing. There is still XPS, PS, PCL, even “Compatible 3D printer” (on Windows Server!), but PDF is missing.

Seems they removed it before shipping the server, and I missed that. Sorry for the answer.

: Koen VAN HOOREWEGHE

I just got a message from the customer. He reinstalled the pdfcreator
driver on the Citrix environment and the silent print to PDF now
works in 64bit too.

OK in Citrix environnement; and what if I am on TSE ?

Are you install PDFCreator only once or for each user session ?

I don’t understand the politic of Microsoft about the PDF printer on his serveur version ?! :evil:
Certainly a licence problematic ?