SOS Test application, how to go back to development?

Hi,
I have my database in development, then I went to the menu “Test Application”.
I’m not able to go back to development !!!

There is no Mode menu, and if I AltCmd right click I get “Go in development mode”, but nothing append. SOS ! How to go back ???

I tried to quit then relaunch, but it has somewhere memory of the mode (where?) !!!

Thaaaanks

You can try to edit the database.4DLink file by adding an attribute “open_in_custom_mode”=False (or change its value from True to False if exists) then open this file with 4D.

The recent databases files are into the {current 4D folder}/Favorites v{version}/Local/
ie on macOS ~user/Library/Application Support/4D/Favorites v18/Local/

You are here, lucky am I!

Ok, the content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<database_shortcut 
structure_opening_mode="2" 
structure_file="file:///Users/oleeku/Documents/Idayam/sgbd 4D/Oviyam/Oviyam - v18/oviyam.4DB" 
data_file="file:///Users/oleeku/Documents/Idayam/sgbd 4D/Oviyam/Oviyam - v18/original/oviyam_protee.4DD"
/>

If I change to 1 or 0, if I add your tag like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<database_shortcut 
structure_opening_mode="1" 
structure_file="file:///Users/oleeku/Documents/Idayam/sgbd 4D/Oviyam/Oviyam - v18/oviyam.4DB" 
data_file="file:///Users/oleeku/Documents/Idayam/sgbd 4D/Oviyam/Oviyam - v18/original/oviyam_protee.4DD" 
open_in_custom_mode=False
/>

I open again and I get the original value again… Your tag vanished, and mode =“2” again.

A nightmare!

Start 4D
Open
Select database and choose interpreted then open

“structure_opening_mode” is not the key I’ve told.

But if the key structure_opening_mode=“2” it is because you are in compiled mode :

structure_opening_mode: 0 -> normal
                        1 -> interpreted
                        2 -> compiled

4D provides a DTD describing the XML keys that can be used to build a “.4DLink” file. This DTD is named database_link.dtd and is found in the \Resources\DTD\ subfolder of the 4D application.

I suggest you set the key structure_opening_mode to 1 and add the key "open_in_custom_mode”=False

You got it!
I haven’t seen the “interpreted” option, but it opens in interpreted.

Many Thanks.

This is what I did that did not worked. But thanks to had explained too about the dtd.